Sunday, October 17, 2010

Good Advice...

Salaam,
After a long hiatus...I returned to the realm of "ngaji" at JENDERAM this morning...rather shyly I entered the zone of my favorite refuge in this part of the world. Pak Sheikh was entertaining guest from INDONESIA when I arrived. We started late, only after the guest had left for their arranged program for the day...

"Bermadai dengan dunia seperti orang lain yang memerlukan dunia, tapi jangan keterlaluan sehingga melalaikan tanggung jawab mu dengan ALLAH dan...mati!"

These are some very deep words drawn from MINHAJUL ABIDIN - today's reading by Pak Sheikh, but it was a good reminder for me and members of my family (only my second son was with me today) that I felt it worth the time to blog this just before I retire for the day, in hope that the rest of my family members will read this some day and reflect on it.

The advise hits deep in me...often we are embroiled too much in the worldly affairs and worry too much that with our"neglect" of it, we will loose out. On intent to avoid disaster, we misguidedly set ourselves and occupy our time and mind to protect it.

But as Pak Sheikh said...we should fear not as..."REZEKI kita, DIA sahaja yang susun dan tentukan nya". Whilst, it is true that we are obligated to act and react upon these worldly troubles ...but please bear in mind that our actions are a matter of "asbab" (sebab) but the result of our action is not the fruit of our own labor...but the result of HIS DIVINE detemination that it responses the way HE wants it to respond. So we should set time to deal with our affairs of the world but MINHAJUL ABIDIN teaches that we should not overwhelmed ourselves to it alone!

How little we actually are, we often forget...this is because we are trained too well with the thought that the WE ARE GREAT!..WE CAN DO GREAT THINGS, WE CAN ACCOMPLISH THE IMPOSSIBLE.....so much so that we forget that our greatness is the virtue of HIS OWN GREATNESS!

"Mortals are wired enough with the POWER to do great things, but the SUPPLY of that power is from the DIVINE alone! - rara"

We often fight for greatness and when it does be BLESSED upon us...we think it is our own mortal effort alone. NO NO NO....

No comments:

Post a Comment